Nocturnal therapy allows for expanded flexibility in your patient's prescribed dialysis dose and schedule, better enabling you to meet each patient’s healthcare and lifestyle needs. By dialyzing while they sleep, patients are better able to manage their daily activities and commitments.
Patients interested in nocturnal therapy will be required to use the following additional items:
- Home Nocturnal Supplement: Supplement to NxStage System One User Guide
- Venous Needle Dislodgment Device: Alerts the patient to vascular access blood leaks with an audible alarm loud enough to interrupt sleep. NxStage OneSite Dual Lumen needle also meets this need.
- NxStage Fluid Detection System: Fluid Detection System which includes the Cycler Base, Extended Cycler Base, Filter Holder, Fluid Detection Sensor
Optional devices for nocturnal therapy include:
- Infusion Syringe Pump: The following pumps have been validated for use with the NxStage System One for infusing anticoagulants:
- Medex® 2000 Series Medfusion Syringe Infusion Pump
- Caesarea T34L PCA Syringe Pump
- Numia Medical MicroFuse® Extended Rate Syringe Pump Model # 6005*
- Cartridge with Heparin Line: Integrated, drop-in cartridge (CAR-172-C) with heparin line for anticoagulation
- OneSite® Dual Lumen Needle: Single needle device helps to reduce the risks associated with vascular access dislodgment during treatment
- In the event of a needle dislodgment using OneSite, the patient’s arterial and venous lines are removed simultaneously drawing air into the arterial line, causing a machine alarm and stopping all cycler pumps
*Other devices meeting the requirements found in the Nocturnal Supplement may exist.
This page intended for US Healthcare Professionals only.