Taking a fresh look at everything is what we do best. Medisystems' range of innovative products – including Streamline® airless blood tubing sets and the Buttonhole® Needle Set with SteriPick® – are designed to provide significant clinical and safety advantages. They've been smartly designed for everyone involved, from nurse to patient to administrator.
We use innovation to set the standard for the rest of the industry.
There are good reasons Medisystems is among the leaders that manufacture innovative disposables.
Our blood tubing sets, fistula needles, apheresis needles, safety accessories, and access management tools elevate the routine to a new level. All are designed to move the industry forward by providing safe, convenient, efficient, and cost effective use in hemodialysis, apheresis, and other extracorporeal therapies.
Here are just a few of the advantages our innovative products bring:
- Streamline airless blood tubing sets are designed to lower bloodline arterial pressures, which may enable higher blood flow rates in comparison to conventional bloodlines. Providers using Streamline have reported realizing both clinical and economic gains.1-4
- Buttonhole Needle Sets with SteriPick come in a range of options for patients and staff and include a sterile pick designed for safe and easy scab removal.
- MasterGuard® has been clinically proven to reduce AV fistula needlestick injuries.5
- Medic® anti-stick needle / connector features a precisely shaped tip designed to reduce the risk of accidental needlesticks.
We're proud to be a NxStage company.
The Streamline blood tubing sets are prescription devices and, like all medical devices, involve some risks. Failure to observe all warnings and precautions noted in the Streamline Instructions for Use may result in serious complications, including blood loss due to clotting or air entering the bloodstream. Each patient’s care plan should be determined by the physician, based on the individual facts and circumstances of the patient. The use of anticoagulation is at the discretion of the prescribing physician.
Some studies have found a correlation between the use of the buttonhole cannulation technique and an increased risk of infectious complications. Since pathogens could be introduced into the patient’s circulatory system through a buttonhole tunnel track, stringent protocols are required for needle insertion and skin preparation before cannulation and after removal of the needle.
- Cooke JD, Moran J. StreamLinetm airless system set optimizes dialysis adequacy with reduced costs. Poster presented at American Society of Nephrology Conference, 2007.
- Haas S, Ahuja M. Improving adequacy, heparin anticoagulation and dialyzer efficiency with new bloodline technology. Poster presented at American Society Nephrology Conference, 2010.
- Smith P. Streamline bloodlines improve Kt/V while lowering dialysate usage. Poster presented at Nation Kidney Foundation Conference, 2010.
- Arslanian JE, Lockman CM, Parker YC, Charytan C. Improved blood flow and adequacy with streamline bloodlines. Abstract presented at American Society of Nephrology Conference, 2010.
- McCleary J, Caldero K. Guarded Fistula Needle Reduces Needlestick Injuries in Hemodialysis. Nephrology News & Issues, May 2002.
APM820 Rev B