Effective December 9, 2016
At NxStage Medical Inc. (NxStage), we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
What personal information does NxStage collect?
The personal information we may collect about you will depend on the circumstances of collection and the nature of your dealings with us, including whether NxStage Medical collects the information from you as a consumer, supplier, contractor or in some other capacity.
- typically collects and holds the following kinds of personal information about consumers: date of birth, gender, health information, and history with the organisation (including communications between you and us); and
- typically collects and holds the following kinds of personal information about contractors, service providers and suppliers: name, job title, business contact details of company representatives with whom we deal, financial information and banking details.
How does NxStage collect and store personal information?
We collect personal information about you directly from you. This may be through various contact methods such as by telephone, facsimile, email and mail, or when you complete forms, transact or request further information about our services through our website. We may also collect personal information about you from your healthcare provider and from the following third parties: government agencies, publicly available records, service providers, parties to whom you refer us or from whom you authorise collection, on-line searches and social media.
We will keep the personal information that we collect either at the NxStage offices in the United States of America, or at the offices of a related entity of NxStage or a service provider in the United States of America or Australia.
You should note that any personal information that is stored or used in the United States of America is subject to the laws of United States of America, and pursuant to such laws, may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States of America.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees who are granted access to your personal information, are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information. We store electronic records within a secure network and personal information stored within this network is protected with controlled access only to those whose duties require such access.
How does NxStage Medical use your personal information?
NxStage collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the delivery of current and future NxStage products and services, including technical support for your NxStage products;
- to coordinate, manage and ship supplies to you;
- to respond to your inquiries, complaints or requests;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to NxStage’s operations;
- to assess and consider applications from prospective service providers;
- to conduct statistical research and demographic analysis, with your consent;
- to administer our web site;
- to investigate legal claims;
- such purposes for which NxStage may obtain consent from time to time; and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
To the extent permitted by law and not prohibited by the terms of any agreement we have with your healthcare provider, we collect and may use your personal information that we have collected about you to send you information about our programs, products or services that may be of interest to you. If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about our programs, products or services please contact NxStage at the contact details set out below.
We may disclose your personal information to NxStage’s related entities and third parties located in Australia and the United States of America.
Access to personal information and accuracy
If you make a written request to review any personal information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such personal information to the extent required by law. We will make such personal information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the personal information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your personal information.
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
If you have any questions regarding this document, or if you have a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information please contact us:
Legal Department of NxStage Medical, Inc.
350 Merrimack Street
Lawrence, MA 01843 USA
We will respond to complaints within a reasonable period of time. If you disagree with our decision, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or by emailing email@example.com.