NxStage disposable cartridges for acute care remove toxins effectively with the simplicity and flexibility you need for your patients and staff.
Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT) Cartridge Benefits
Multi-functional design with a broad range of flow rates allows you to prescribe the therapy that is best for your patient
- Easily switch between CVVH, CVVHD, SHIFT, or SCUF treatments
Volumetric fluid balancing achieves fluid accuracy without the need for scales, and eliminates scale-based alarms
- Elimination of waste bag changes reduces therapy interruptions
- No waste bags
- No waste bag changes
- No splash and injury risk from waste bag changes
- No scale-related alarms
- Direct-to-drain effluent disposal may decrease workload and allow the nurse more time to spend with patients.1
Specifically designed to eliminate blood-air interface which may reduce the risk of filter clotting and extend filter life2
- Extending filter life may help achieve
- Treatment efficiencies
- Reduced expense
- Less demand on nursing time for replacing the circuit3
Fully integrated cartridges incorporate all fluid circuits
- Reduced cost and workload associated with cycler maintenance and disinfection requirements as compared with conventional hemodialysis equipment
Multi-line adapters simplify fluid management
- Ability to hang up to 29 liters at once eliminating frequent bag changes
- Gashti CN, MD, Rodby RA, et al. Accelerated Venovenous Hemofiltration: Early Technical and Clinical Experience. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 2008.
- Polaschegg HD. The extracorporeal circuit. Semin Dial. 1995;8(5):299-304.
- Davies H, et al. Maintaining the CRRT Circuit; non-anticoagulant alternatives. Australian Critical Care. 06;19(4).
Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE) Cartridge Benefits
TPE Cartridge - CAR-510
The NxStage TPE cartridge with Ashai PlasmafloTM OP-05W(A) Plasma Separator is designed to provide:
- Low extracorporeal blood volume (110 mL) minimizes the risk of blood loss
- Gamma sterilized filter and circuit eliminate the risk of reaction to residual ETO (ethylene oxide)
- Fast treatment time with up to 4.0 L of plasma exchange per hour may offer flexibility in scheduling treatments
- Allows you to use one simple system for RRT and TPE
- Up to nine connections for replacement fluid
- Less training time may be required with more frequent use of the System One and a similar drop-in cartridge
NxStage TPE Cartridge with ASAHI PLASMAFLO™ OP-05W(A) Plasma Separator
Permeability to plasma components4
Figure shows the in vivo permeability of the OP-05W to various plasma components up to 3 liters of plasma perfusion volume.
With a 0.5m2 surface area and 0.3 micron pore size, the filter is designed to offer:
- High clearance of plasma proteins
- Minimal loss of cellular components
"Nephrologists are well trained in the management of extracorporeal blood purification and the ability to do TPE with the NxStage system made the transition easy. Our nurses are already familiar with the NxStage system and are comfortable with membrane-based technology."
- Dr. Casey Gashti, Assistant Professor of Nephrology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Therapeutic plasma exchange and renal replacement therapy, like any medical therapies, are not without risks. The decision of which therapy to use should be made by the physician, based on previous experience and on the individual facts and circumstances of the patient.
- Nagano T et al. Jpn J Apheresis 16(1): 297-298, 1997.
Cartridge Express - CAR-505
Designed with enhanced safety features
SecureClip™ access tubing connector
- Pre-attached to the arterial and venous lines
- Designed to reduce the risk of access tubing disconnects
- Easy to use
Needleless Valves are designed for easy, on-demand aspiration or injection of fluids
- The valve maintains its microbial barrier properties based on test results of 140 activations over a 7-day period, when used with an adequate disinfection procedure.5
- Designed to minimize the incidence of air in the circuit.
- Complies with needle-free policies and legislation.6
- Robertsite 7-day Microbial Challenge Evaluation, P Miller, December 2007. Halkey-Roberts Corporation.
- Needlestick Prevention and Safety Act, 106th Congress, Public Law 106-430, 2000.
Cartridge Express with Extended Tubing - CAR-502
Additional 4.5' of blood line tubing provides extreme flexibility in placing equipment, particularly in a crowded environment.
Low-volume Cartridge - CAR-125
The CAR-125 low-volume cartridge is designed for use on patients when low extracorporeal volume is required.
The specifically designed small diameter tubing, along with the Renaflo® II low-volume filter and volumetric fluid balancing system, can be used to deliver renal replacement therapy safely, accurately and conveniently with 83 mL total extracorporeal blood volume.
Purema® H Filter
The Purema H Membrane is a high-efficiency polyethersulfone membrane with a large 1.6m2 surface area designed with Performance Enhancing Technology (PET). PET spacer yarns consist of multifilament threads that are integrated into the fiber bundles, which results in:
- Improved dialysate distribution throughout the filter, which is designed to increase clearance and maintain consistent performance clearance values throughout the dialysis treatment7-9
- Achieve high clearances of small and middle molecular toxins with simultaneous retention of valuable proteins, ie, albumin
- Gamma sterilized and manufactured from glycerin-free polyethersulfone membranes (PUREMA H), known for biocompatibility7
No flushing required during prime due to the biocompatible materials and processes used in its manufacture and sterilization.8
- Data on File. Membrana, Wuppertal, Germany www.membrana.com
- Krieter DH, Morgenroth A, Barasinski A, et al. Effects of a polyelectrolyte additive on the selective dialysis membrane permeability for low-molecular-weight proteins. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007;22(2):491-499.
- Bodo von Harten-Membrana GmbH, Wuppertal, Germany Webinars. Membranes and filters for renal replacement therapies part 1 and part II. Posted on www.NxStage.com.
|Cartridge Express||Standard Cartridge||Low Volume Cartridge|
|Blood Volume (exclusive of filter)||80 mL||80 mL||130 mL||90-120 mL||55 mL|
|Blood-side filter volume||91 mL||91 mL||91 mL||Per selected filter manufacturer's specifications||
HF-400: 28 mL
HF-700: 53 mL
HF-1200: 83 mL
|Total volume with filter||171 mL||171 mL||221 mL||Dependent on selected filter blood volume||
HF-400: 83 mL
HF-700: 108 mL
HF-1200: 138 mL
|Blood flow rates||10-600 mL/min||10-600 mL/min||10-600 mL/min||10-600 mL/min||10-200 mL/min|
|Blood pump segment internal diameter||8 mm (0.315in)||8 mm (0.315in)||8 mm (0.315in)||8 mm (0.315in)||8 mm (0.315in)|
|Patient line internal diameter||4.5 mm
|Maximum venous pressure||400 mmHg at all flow rates||400 mmHg at all flow rates||400 mmHg at all flow rates||400 mmHg at all flow rates||400 mmHg at all flow rates|
|Fluid exchange rates||10-200 mL/min||10-200 mL/min||10-200 mL/min||10-200 mL/min||10-100 mL/min|
|Input infusion temperature range||15 to 37° C||15 to 37° C||15 to 37° C||15 to 37° C||15 to 37° C|