The first step in developing an effective care plan is to think about the things that are important to you.
- How important is it for you to continue working?
- How much time do you want to spend with your family and friends?
- Do you have kids or grandkids you need to care for?
- Do you want to travel for business or pleasure?
- What kind of leisure activities do you enjoy, such as exercising, socializing and attending concerts and events?
- How do you currently feel after your treatments?
Once you have a clear sense of your priorities, you’re ready to talk with your doctor about the best way to treat your kidney disease. He or she can discuss all your available treatment options and develop a plan that works with your preferred lifestyle.